Summary of Unicapital’s Notable Financial Transactions:
Investment Banking Transactions:
- PHP116.0 million (approx. US$ 2.7 million) equity investment by MediaQuest Holdings Inc., a Philippine media conglomerate owned by listed firm PLDT, in Unitel Productions, a multi-awarded television commercial production house with projects in the Philippines and Asia.
- Acted as financial advisor and investment banker in 2010 for the acquisition of Plus Cable Network, Inc., an exclusive cable provider to certain subdivisions in Southern Manila, by Planet Cable, Inc.
- Assisted in the HMR Group of Companies’ transfer of office from Australia and subsequently raised an additional PHP19.4 million (approx. US$500,000) equity investment for the Group.
Financial Advisory Transactions:
- Acted as Financial advisor to RoyalFriesland Campina in its majority acquisition of listed Alaska Milk Corporation in 2012.
- Acted as Financial advisor to Abacus Global Technovision, Inc., to provide a third-party valuation of the Company’s Common Shares in 2012.
- Acted as Financial advisor to Abacus Consolidated Resource Holdings, Inc. to provide a third-party valuation of the Company’s Common Shares in 2012.
- Acted as financial advisor to CIRTEK Electronics Corporation to provide a third-party valuation of the Company’s Common Shares, in 2011.
- PHP150.0 million (approx. US$ 3.5 million) Private Placement into Paramount Life and General Insurance Corporation, a leading Philippine insurance company with an extensive nationwide sales and marketing network, which involved a valuation of the company’s insurance portfolio in 2006.
- Acted as financial advisor to Anglo Philippine Holdings Corporation to provide a third-party valuation of EDSA Properties Holdings, Inc., a listed Philippine property company in 2005.
- PHP5.0 billion (approx. US$116.0 million) Share Price Valuation of the Philippine Government’s Holdings in the Philippine National Construction Corporation (PNCC), the largest construction company in the Philippines and Southeast Asia, in 2003.
- Engaged by ePLDT, a wholly-owned subsidiary of telecommunications giant Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT) to provide a third-party valuation of Level Up! Inc., the first and leading online game publisher in the Philippines in 2006. Subsequently, ePLDT acquired a 60% interest in Level Up! Inc.
Involvement in a diverse range of equity capital market transactions:
- Sole Underwriter for the Php 270 million Public Offer of Primary Common Shares of Calata Corporation, the largest combined distributor of agrochemicals, feeds, fertilizers, veterinary medicines and other agricultural products in the Philippines.
- Domestic Lead Manager & Underwriter for the PHP 5.2 billion Public Offer of Primary & Secondary Common Shares of East West Bankin2g Corporation, a medium sized Philippine bank with a strong focus on the consumer and mid-market segments. The EWBC IPO was the first local bank listing since 2004.
- Issue Manager and Joint Lead Underwriter for the PHP 295 million Public Offer of Primary Common Shares of Cirtek Holdings Philippines Corporation. Cirtek Holdings Philippines Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an independent full service solution provider for subcontract manufacturing of semiconductor devices.
- Issue Manager Issue Manager and Sole Underwriter for the PHP 105 million Public Offer of Primary Common Shares of Calapan Ventures, Inc., a company that is engaged in the product procurement business and through its subsidiaries, operates a water utility business in Calapan City and Tabuk City, Mindoro.
- Joint Lead Underwriter & Financial Advisor for the PHP191.0 million (approx US$4.4 million) Initial Public Offer of IP-Converge Data Center, Inc., a leading Philippine Information Technology & Telecommunications company (2010)
- Underwriter of the PHP18.0 billion (approx US$419 million) Alliance Global, Inc. Initial Public Offer (2007). At the time of the issue, the AGI IPO was the second largest equity offering by a Filipino Company.
- PHP 1.5 billion (approx. US$35.0 million) Public Offer of Common Shares of Chemrez Technologies Inc., a leading manufacturer of resins, oleochemicals, and specialty products in the Philippines, as Underwriter (2006).
- Agent in the PHP1.0 billion (approx. US$23.0 million) Preferred Shares Placement of Ayala Corporation (2001). Ayala Corporation is the oldest Philippine conglomerate, with investments in retail, real estate, banking, telecommunications, water infrastructure, renewable energy, electronics, information technology, and management and business process outsourcing.
- Joint Lead Underwriter for the PHP1.0 billion (approx. US$23.0 million) Convertible Preferred Shares issue of DMCI Holdings, Inc. (1997). DMCI Holdings through its subsidiaries, is engaged in general construction, mining, power generation, infrastructure, real estate development, water utility, and manufacturing businesses.
- PHP4.2 billion (approx. US$98.0 million) Secondary Rights Issue of Filinvest Development Corporation, as Underwriter (1995)
Active Participation in Debt Capital Market Transactions:
- Issue Manager and Underwriter of the PHP 3.0 billion (approx. US$68.9 million) Unsecured Fixed-Rate Retail Peso Bonds of Filinvest Land, Inc. in 2011.
- Lead Arranger and Selling Agent of the PHP 1.5 billion (approx. US$35 million) Subordinated Debt (Tier 2 Notes) issuance of EastWest Banking Corporation in 2010.
- Only non-bank Joint Lead Underwriter for the following issues:
- PHP2.0 billion (approx. US$ 46.5 million) Long Term Commercial Paper issuance of Rockwell Land Development Corporation (1999).
- PHP750.0 million (approx. US$ 17.4 million) Long Term Commercial Paper issuance of Bacnotan Consolidated Industries, Inc. (1999).
- PHP2.0 billion (approx. US$ 46.5 million) Long Term Commercial Paper issuance of Ayala Land, Inc. (1997).
- PHP1.0 billion (approx. US$23.0 million) Series J-1 and J-2 Long Term Commercial Paper issuance of Coca-Cola Bottlers Philippines, Inc. (1996).
- Participating financial institution for the PHP1.0 billion (approx. US$23.0 million) Term Loan of Filinvest Alabang, Inc. (2001)
Arranger of the following transactions:
- US$100.0 million Loan Syndication for Carmen Copper Corporation in 2006
- PHP150.0 million (approx. US$ 3.5 million) credit facility for Pancake House, Inc. in 2004
- PHP200.0 million (approx. US$4.6 million)credit facility for Fort Bonifacio Development Corporatio